Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1, The Begining

In case anyone does read this-
After watching Julie and Julia I wanted to jump on the 'do something everyday for a year' bandwagon. The cooking thing has already been done in multiple forms. I want to be healthier, tone, and maybe lose a few pounds. I'm not fat, but I'm REALLY out of shape. I hate exercising. I curse the entire time I'm on the elliptical and I don't like weather or being outside. I eat pretty healthy on the condition that it taste good.

This led me to the conclusion that I should exercise every day for at least ten minutes, for the whole year. I decided to blog about it because that's what all the cool kids are doing and blogging will help me keep track.

For the purposes of this exercise, pun indended, I am going to consider exercise to mean doing something that isn't sitting. This can be-

-walking the dogs, which really I should be doing every day, but it's freakin cold outside
-yoga
-doing something with a set of free weights
-elliptical
-wii fit
-fitness DVD
-sit ups, push ups
-etc

Today

20 minute walk with Buster, ran a couple times for a few minutes, saw and smelled horses
20 minute slow walk with Ken and Bear, didn't run much, saw and smelled the same horses
weights:
2 lb
bicep curls: 2 sets of 20
over the head thingies: 2 sets of 20

No comments:

Post a Comment